Sunday, March 11, 2012

Quality Time

My husband took a couple of hours off work Thursday and went to Dad's Doughnut Day at school with BW. According to BW, they ate doughnuts, sang the "I love my Daddy" song (which neither of us knew about), and played a board game called Green Eggs and Ham. That would have been the highlight of his entire week, but then he spent Friday night with Meemaw and Saturday night with his Aunt and cousins.... This is very good for him. He doesn't get much time away from home other than school. He hasn't stopped talking about the game and doughnuts with Daddy, and all the things that happened during the sleepovers. He needs so much more time like this, it just seems hard to find someone willing to give that extra time to him. We're not trying to get time away from him, but the boy needs more interaction with family and friends. It's good hearing him talk about these things, he keeps going on and on! When he came home, he SHOUTED "Mom! I came back!!" ..like he was concerned that I thought he wasn't going to come home. ♥ my boy. I just wish everyone saw the sweet sweet brilliant kid that lives inside the shell of anxiety and behaviors that is seen in public. Did I mention that I love him?

No comments:

Post a Comment