Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Program Success

BW's school had a Christmas program this evening, and I have to say- he did remarkably! The Kindergarten students sang several songs and his teacher and aide were both on the side of the stage within arm's reach- just in case. He did sit down once for about half a song, but for the most part he was VERY good. I don't mind that he didn't sing much, I was just thrilled that we made it through a crowded event without a meltdown until it was time to leave! Of course he was eventually carried out kicking amd screaming across Daddy's shoulders, but HE ENDURED until his songs were over and they were dismissed from stage! He did make up for it later and resume the horrendous screeching and fighting that is so familiar to us.

Unrelated note, I didn't get any good pics or video because of a very rude man standing front and center taking a video of THE ENTIRE PROGRAM with his phone. One mom whispered to him to ask him to kneel down, but he acted like she didnt exist. 5 minutes later during BW's favorite song of the night, I walked the lane and politely informed the man that people behind the fourth row weren't even able to see the stage and asked him to kneel. Of course he ignored me too, but I kept talking. I told him that we wanted to see our kids, and it would be very polite of he would please find a seat near the other parents who were taking pictures. He finally looked at me and showed me his phone in video mode. "But I'm just video recording," on a very thick accent.. I said that was nice to do, but he really needs to kneel like the other parents. I then walked back to my seat, and so did he. After the show the teacher, three aides and several parents thanked me for getting him down. I'm told that this man is incredibly rude in virtually every situation and it was a huge accomplishment. Personally I don't think I said anything rude or even impolite, but I do think he realized that I wasn't going to stop talking over his video recording until he moved ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment